The North Carolina Healthcare Association (NCHA) is a statewide trade association representing more than 130 hospitals providing acute care, ambulatory care, sub-acute care, rehabilitative, home health and hospice services, behavioral health services, state psychiatric inpatient services and veterans’ services. The association promotes and supports our members and associated partners by advocating for sound public policy, advancing collaborative partnerships, and accelerating innovation to improve the health of the communities where we live and work. NCHA achieves this work by leverage the scope and scale associated with a $17+ million-dollar organization, which is funded by members’ dues, grants, and shared service.
ABOUT CAROLINAS HEALTH INNOVATION INSTITUTE (CHI2)
The Carolinas Health Innovation Institute (CHI2) is a new partnership among NCHA, the South Carolina Hospital Association, and The Duke Endowment. The CHI2’s purpose is to redefine systems of care to equitably and sustainably meet the health needs of the Carolinas. The Institute aims to engage partners in understanding needs, evaluating promising practices, and co-designing innovative solutions to improve health and reduce disparities.
Responsible for the development, implementation and success monitoring of the CHI2’s annual and long-term communication strategy. Works with CHI2 leadership, partners, and funders to ensure that all marketing and communications initiatives are aligned and in support of the strategic direction. Operates as a core member of the central operations team supporting North and South Carolina to build and implement integrated plans and campaigns to increase awareness and engagement across both states and to promote and enhance brand reputation. Directs the creation of content for the public website and social media and oversees development and production of stakeholder resources and communications. Serves as an ambassador for CHI2 and primary point of contact for media and public relations.
This position is partially grant-funded and contingent on continued availability of funding.
· Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the CHI2 brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its initiatives across key stakeholder audiences
· CHI2 priorities and programs among NCHA and SCHA staff
· Perform other tasks and duties as may be identified by the Executive Director
· Demonstrate the association’s core values in all relationships, at all times. Respect. Integrity. Teamwork. Accountability. Perseverance.
· Works closely with the CHI2 Executive Director and CHI2 staff across North and South Carolina
· Develops and maintains good working relationships with health systems, community organizations, government agencies, funding partners, and other key stakeholders
· Builds relationships with members of the news media
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· May require occasional travel
· An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Experience working with email marketing platforms such as MailChimp or Constant Contact
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@ncha.org.
NCHF is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. Candidates who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization are encouraged to apply. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@ncha.org.
North Carolina Healthcare Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected status.