Senior Communications Manager for Supply Chain
Company: Sealed Air
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 7/1/2019
The Senior Communications Manager for Supply Chain will dive into the world of manufacturing and operations at Sealed Air. This individual will gain a deep understanding of our manufacturing goals and desired outcomes, as well as the stories that inspire our employees and showcase their talents. As part of the global Employee Communications team, this individual’s primary focus is on developing consistent messages for leaders and employees within our Supply Chain organization and ensuring this engaging content reaches employees through digital and unwired methods. Partnering with subject matter experts in safety, quality, operational excellence and others across the manufacturing organization, this role's mission is to equip leaders and managers with tools to improve employee engagement and foster a collaborative culture. Specifically, this role will be responsible for the strategy, planning, execution and measurement of internal communications to and on behalf of our Supply Chain organization.The ideal candidate will be a knowledgeable communications strategist and compelling storyteller with experience in global manufacturing companies and a talent for writing and creating content for a wide range of communications vehicles. Cover letter strongly recommended, and finalists for the position will be asked to produce samples of their work.
- Manages the communications road map, methodology and strategy to reach and engage plant-based employees, including unwired employees around the globe
- Partners with teams and builds relationships across the Supply Chain and greater organization to understand complex business scenarios and be known as the manufacturing employee communications expert
- Develops communications content including messages, intranet articles, talking points, presentations, digital signs, videos, presentations and other materials and deploys across channels and systems for plant managers and local networks to reach our global production employees
- Leads manufacturing plant communications/ambassador network to feed rich global communications content pipeline and build communications capability in our plants
- Serves as a junior communications business partner to a designated function or business area of Sealed Air where he or she will provide ongoing communications counsel.
- Travel up to 25% to our manufacturing facilities around the world
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, English, marketing or similar area of study.
- At least 8 years of experience in employee communications at a manufacturing company
- Deep knowledge of employee and leadership communications strategies, developing and leading execution of effective communication plans and programs that drive measurable performance and engagement improvements
- Experience coaching and/or training leaders on communications
- Experience with building and using channels to engage unwired employees
- Demonstrated writing ability and critical thinking skills to distill complex concepts into digestible material for employees
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
How To Apply