Company: Cabarrus County
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 8/26/2019
The outreach coordinator is Cabarrus County's brand champion. They perform intermediate professional work to raise the profile of County programs and services through strong community connections, masterful event production, creative marketing and social media, and skilled media relations.
Examples of Duties
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Develop, administer and evaluate marketing, advertising and social media campaigns for the County's brand, programs, services and events.
- Develop proposals, manage production and meet deadlines for marketing and advertising projects. Ensure consistency with the County's brand. Serve as a liaison between internal clients and outside vendors.
- Develop and execute presentations and conduct outreach activities to a variety of groups on the County's brand, programs and services.
- Write and distribute timely information as online articles and media releases. Develop complete story packages and proactively pitch to media. Respond to media inquiries and provide information to target audiences. Serve as the County's Public Information Officer when scheduled, including some night and weekend shifts.
- Work with internal and external clients to produce meetings and events. Coordinate logistics, provide on-site coordination and conduct post-event assessment. This includes site selection, audio/visual and production, run-of-show, scripts, development of collateral materials, décor, setup, marketing and promotions, and food and beverage. Work with departments to create budgets for events and responsibly stay within those budgets.
- Research, write and administer weekly e-newsletter using campaign management software.
- Research and write for television programming on Cabarrus County Television, including "Cabarrus This Week," public service announcements, video packages and other projects.
- Provide voice over and on-air talent for Cabarrus County TV.
- Monitor, track and report on program analytics.
- Administer the County's Speakers Bureau and citizen engagement programs.
- Ensure departments follow best practices when exhibiting at community and industry events, including support of exhibit design, promotion and logistics.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection and training of event-related auxiliary staff and volunteers.
- Provide editorial review of materials.
- Attend meetings as required or assigned.
- Provide crisis communication assistance, including performing work during emergency and inclement weather situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field with some experience in marketing and public relations. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Experience in government relations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of communications, marketing and event planning. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens and staff; to communicate with others tactfully and courteously over the telephone and in person; to prepare and maintain detailed files and records; to plan work and work independently; to work as part of a team; and to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Working knowledge of office equipment, computers and applicable software applications. General knowledge of the organization and functions of County government. Proficiency in AP Style, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and Constant Contact.
How To Apply
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Cabarruscounty/jobs/2514755/outreach-coordinator?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs