The Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of communications initiatives at Providence Day, specifically internal communications, social media, publications, and media relations. This position collaborates with the entire Institutional Advancement office and more specifically as a member of the Strategic Marketing & Communications team to deliver a brand-centric image of Providence Day to members of the school community, prospective families, the media, peer schools around the world, and the general public. The Communications Manager helps enhance the public perception of Providence Day as an innovative, global school. This position serves the entire PD community and requires a flexible collaborator, strategic thinker, proficient writer, and creative storyteller.
Bachelor’s degree required, plus 5-7 years’ experience in a related field. The ideal candidate will havemultidisciplinary skills and experience, including:
● Extensive writing experience for a variety of audiences and media
● Expertise in strategic social media planning, implementation, and content generation
● Publications management and budgeting
● Data analytics and evaluation
● Media relations and publicity
● Familiarity with digital storytelling tools including videography, photography, and podcasting
● Familiarity with project management and project management software (Basecamp, Asana, etc.)
● Google apps, Adobe and Microsoft suite of products, iMovie or Final Cut Pro
Applicants should submit a cover letter of interest, current resume, two writing or publication samples, and a list of three references with telephone numbers and/or email addresses. Materials should be emailed to: PDS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see the complete job posting, please visit: