The Account Coordinator Marketing works with the account management team in Community Relations and Marketing Services to execute marketing communication plans, helping to ensure plan elements are delivered on time and on budget.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for supporting the implementation of marketing communications and promotion tactics as directed by the account management team and the director of marketing for specific clients within the college. Specific tactics executed could include: paid media campaigns, print collateral, digital advertising, social media and press releases.
2. Enters jobs into the department's job tracking system to help ensure client deadlines are met.
3. Works with graphic designers to provide client feedback and ensure changes are made accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Tracks project invoices to ensure clients stay within budget.
5. Works with account managers and campus photographer to schedule photo shoots for collateral needs.
6. Manages the college's marketing template portal – Lucid Press.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of marketing communications principles and practices
Expertise in journalistic writing styles
Strong project management and organizational skills
Knowledge of generally-accepted Web accessibility; Web usability standards and multimedia design standards
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Ability to analyze demographics and psychographics data
Knowledge of printing and publishing process
Experience with vendor management
Experience with monitoring/tracking budget spending
Public speaking and interpersonal skills
Ability to assess media effectiveness
Excellent verbal and written skills