Date: Tuesday, April 4, 6:00-7:30 PM
Location: Industry co-working space (AvidXchange Music Factory - 1000 North Carolina Music Factory Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28206)
Company: SPARK Strategic Ideas
Location: Charlotte, NC
SPARK Strategic Ideas is seeking an PR/Account Executive to join our growing agency. This is a mid-level role (four to six years of professional experience) with agency experience preferred. Expect to manage and execute multiple public relations projects as well as serve as the account manager.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Report to Account Supervisor and serve as day-to-day client contact for PR-based accounts
- Plan and implement year-long public relations strategy as a part of an overarching strategic communications plan, including the coordination of details with the agency team, media partners, and vendors
- Manage client expectations and multiple evolving projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with account service, public relations, social media, media planning/buying and creative teams to execute projects on time, on budget and on strategy
- Write news releases, pitch to media contacts and follow-up to ensure quality placements and coverage
- Develop and maintain network of close contacts with local, regional and national media partners
- Generate creative promotional ideas and unique story opportunities that are outside-the-box
- Anticipate client needs, identify solutions and increase the value of service
- Plan, execute and lead off-site events when needed
- Participate in new business research, proposals and pitches as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field required
- 4-6 years of professional experience, agency environment preferred
- Familiarity with Cision media database system
- Experience with media tracking/management software and applications
- Thorough understanding of AP Style. No googling allowed; you know this stuff.
- Extreme attention to detail, strong organization and multi-tasking abilities for a fast-paced environment. OCD can be a good thing.
- Strong writing skills with portfolio of news releases, media alerts, etc. We’re looking for newsworthy items that scream for attention.
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently as well as collaborate with a larger team. Giddy up and round up the posse.
- Innovative and creative thinker. We color outside the lines.
- Perform tasks with a sense of urgency and dedication to doing things right. There’s no time to watch the paint dry; we have work to do!
- Function well under pressure. No time for volcanic eruptions or spontaneous combustion.
- Must focus on building relationships, have a passion for exceeding expectations and love learning… we work hard and love what we do. It shows in our work and in the results. Our success is built on our clients’ successes. Debbie Downers and hermit crabs need not apply!
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and recent PR writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.