Company: Gaston College
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 2/1/2023
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
This position has the availability to be flexible and hybrid.
The Webmaster is responsible for developing and maintaining the main College website, as well as sites for the Foundation, Library, WSGE, Textile Technology Center and Athletics. This position will be the lead project manager and coordinate with internal and external partners for a full website redesign. The Webmaster is part of the Marketing and Communications team and reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications to lead a full website redesign project for the College. This will include developing a request for proposals, selecting vendors, researching needs, developing action plans/timelines, monitoring budget, etc.
- Manage the maintenance of the College websites, including receiving, facilitating, and/or resolving routine user requests (e.g., managing content, uploading documents, fixing broken URLs, etc.). This includes maintaining the existing sites during the redesign project.
- Assist in ensuring all website content follows current brand guidelines.
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems, and devices. Monitor lead generation forms to ensure they are working correctly with the CRM system.
- Manage SEO activities, including keyword research, technical SEO, page optimization, etc. Provide strategic, actionable insights for improving organic search rankings. Work with external partners as needed.
- Provide regular reports on the overall activity and success of website engagement. Identify trends and insights and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other internal and external content editors, developers, and designers to create, edit, and publish content that supports the College’s brand and strategic marketing objectives.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of website standards and guidelines for content managers. Train content managers on the use of the new CMS. Develop training materials, monitor usage and provide technical assistance when necessary.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that digital communications (e.g., text, images, and video) are accessible per Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Review and respond to website accessibility issue reports.
- Manage copyright and data protection matters as it relates to digital communications and ensure compliance with applicable copyright and other relevant laws.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/best practices and regularly evaluate and update website strategies to elevate the College’s online presence.
- Assist in managing relationships with external vendors to ensure deadlines are met and work is performed satisfactorily. Review and process applicable purchase orders and expenses per the established budget and guidelines.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of applicable information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) from a nationally accredited institution. (Required)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of three years of relevant web development and SEO experience (Required)
- Advanced knowledge of WCAG 2 accessibility standards and guidelines. (Required)
- Experience interpreting website analytics (Required)
- Knowledge of IT security (Required)
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently and communicate effectively. (Required)
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines. (Required)
- Valid driver’s license. (Required)
- Experience leading large website redesign projects (Preferred)
- Experience with education SaaS platforms such as Omni CMS or Pantheon (Preferred)
- UX Design experience (Preferred)
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- This position may require work to occasionally be done outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
How To Apply