This role will partner with our Retail and Small Business Banking team leaders and other businesses across the enterprise to create, implement, measure, and evolve internal and external communications strategies supporting financial inclusion. Some of the specific programs and efforts supported by this role include innovative products and features; financial wellness coaching delivered through our partnership with Operation HOPE; financial education programs such as Truist Momentum and Truist Financial Foundations; and creating opportunities for upward economic mobility in historically underserved communities to make banking more accessible and inclusive for all. Financial inclusion at Truist means authentically serving clients the way they want to be served, delivering financial solutions that solve problems, conveying financial education, and sharing our expertise so people are empowered to create better habits and make better decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop and execute internal and external communications strategy focusing on financial inclusion, education, and wellness of all clients, including those who have had limited access to mainstream banking.
2. Develop proactive public relations to obtain positive media mentions on Truist products, services and purpose; leadership message development; spokesperson training; issues management; and internal communications at the segment level.
3. Provide communications counsel to lines of business on product introductions and certain client-facing messages. Counsel social media team on key issues.
4. Maintain Corporate Communications policy.
5. Plan content/messaging and graphics/videos for town halls, conferences, speaking engagements and events.
6. Provides formal or informal leadership to others and serves as a resource on complex solutions.
7. Drives the achievement of client, operational, project, service, and risk management objectives.
8. Create positive news to build the company’s brand, advance our purpose, and promote our solutions and services.
9. Handles media inquiries and manages responses in timely manner and in consultation with business and corporate communications leadership.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and related training
2. 7-10 years of progressive and related experience
3. Proven leader and demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal, negotiation, listening and management skills; ability to successfully interact with people at all levels of the organization and counsel, negotiate, influence and inspire
4. Proven project management ability including managing the conceptualization and execution of multiple large, complex projects along with capability to make rational decisions under pressure
5. Strong, well-rounded communications skills including writing/editing, project management, publicity, and news judgment
6. Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities
7. Knowledge of the industry's competitive landscape and an understanding of the market and regulatory factors that affect our business