Summary:The Social Media Specialist’s responsibility is to lead the tactical and day to day operations of social media and communications initiatives across multiple social media accounts, assist with media relations write and edit internal and external publications. Work involves communication and coordination with various departments and organizations. Independent judgment and initiative are exercised within established guidelines; performance evaluated on the basis of discussions and work products. Tasks require a strong attention to detail, excellent digital customer service skills and ability to work under tight deadlines. Must be able to work flexible schedules. On call 24/7/365. Reports to the Communications Manager. Standard office hours apply, however, occasionally non-traditional work hours are necessary to accomplish projects, and subject to emergency calls back to work.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day lead for social media monitoring, planning, strategy, content creation, posting and issue spotting. Responsible for conceiving, creating, executing and managing written and visual social content aligned with the airport brand, campaign, strategy or project.
• Collaborates and works closely with the Communications and Content Managers to ensure content and strategy consistency across brand.
• Maintain an understanding of social media best practices to align activity with trends.
• Lead and execute creative content development and influencer outreach, conversation management, user engagement and analytics reporting.
• Analyze campaign metrics to guide content creation and identify needed changes or enhancements to support social media strategy. Provide monthly reports for leadership and team.
• Near 24/7 monitoring for customer inquiries and responses.
• Write and assist in implementing Communications Plans for various needs, including media events, special projects and video production.
• Assist with content writing for Airport’s website, publications, social media platforms and video scriptwriting.
• Assist with Aviation and tenant events.
• Assist with media relations and media press events.
• Write press releases, talking points, media advisories.
• Serve on weekend and after hours on-call rotation schedule with the Strategic Communications team regarding media line and media inquiries 24/7/365.
• Produce Weekly CLT in the News Media Clip report.
• Backup editor for Airport Update.
• Communications liaison for various Aviation Department workgroups.
• Maintain various reports, including Cities Served Report.
• Research and special projects work, including airport statistics, historical research, Federal Aviation, OAG and Flight Global research.
• Demonstrated experience developing effective metric-based social strategy
• Comprehensive knowledge of social platforms and reporting analytics
• Demonstrated experience building and managing strong relationships with stakeholders to optimize stakeholder social messaging in support of airport strategy, communications plans and airport business model
• Ability to envision and translate communications and educational strategies into effective messaging and presentations both internally and externally
• Team player
• Excellent presentation skills
• Photography/videography for digital media platforms
• Impeccable written and verbal communications skills
• Good judgment
• Quick decision-making
• Ability to think globally
• Calm in high stress situations
• Strong public speaking and listening skills
• Knowledge of strategic communications planning and execution
• Demonstrated ability to establish and adhere to priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Knowledge of Sprout Social
• Ability to develop new programs and activities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the public and the media.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation in a rapidly changing work environment
• Ability to participate in and manage several projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of Aviation industry, AP Stylebook and ethical behavior
High school graduate or equivalent and five years relevant experience.
Associate's Degree and three years relevant experience.
Valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for and maintain a City driving permit.
Certain convictions will disqualify individuals from unescorted access privileges and therefore exclude from employment.
Experience in related public relations, social media content development, marketing, communications and experience actively managing the tactical and day-to-day operations of social media across multiple accounts.
Media relations, digital communications and public speaking experience a plus.