Social Media Manager
Company: Spark Strategic Ideas
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 6/7/2022
Social Media Manager
Bite-size Storyteller | Platform Navigator
Do you thrive in the fast-paced world of social media? Love the challenge of telling a brand’s story through short phrases and photos? Embrace the thrill of optimizing an ad campaign to make it work even better next time? We’re looking for an energetic and engaging co-star to help us grow our clients’ brands on social media. Instead of being a cog in a big-agency wheel, we’re looking for a new family member who wants to stretch professionally. Are you prepared to write in a variety of brand voices? Love planning out campaigns and engaging with followers? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment surrounded by other passionate creatives? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
The Role of Our Social Media Manager
SPARK Strategic Ideas is seeking a social media manager to help us manage our clients’ social media accounts—from restaurants and retailers to consumer brands and B2B businesses—on a variety of platforms. We’re looking for a unicorn—someone who is both left- and right-brained. (We know you’re out there.) You’ll develop annual social media plans, write and schedule monthly content calendars, give direction to our creative team, develop innovative ideas, and manage multiple paid ad campaigns. You’ll serve as the community manager across all client platforms and be the voice of customer service. And, to show off all of your success and engagement, you’ll track our social media initiatives with ongoing metrics reports. We’re looking for a self-starter who also loves to work with a team.
About SPARK Strategic Ideas
SPARK’s mission is simple: To grow businesses, people and ideas. Our agency philosophy is to hire smart people that we like being around who are experts in what they do. We bring together a tribe of specialists to offer strategic planning, advertising, marketing, public relations, social media and digital services. Simply put, we love what we do and who we do it with. We have a strict “no meanies” policy—we know that even if a client has a large budget, it’s not worth it if you can’t enjoy the ride.
We’re busy—things are really cranking up around here, so we’re looking for a Social Media Manager who is a team player ready for adventure. We offer big agency service but have small agency appeal. Our best feature is our people. Hands down, that’s what we hear when we ask employees what is their favorite thing about working at SPARK. From bi-monthly team buildings to quarterly lunch ‘n learns, we enjoy being together and working together to grow our clients’ businesses and each other.
Call to Action
When you have the luxury of rising to do what you love, you get up first. When it comes to adding members to our team, we choose carefully. We choose superheroes. We wake up early for this stuff…and put a cape on. Think you’re our next superhero? Send us your cover letter, resume and social media post samples to email@example.com.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities of the Social Media Manager
- Develop and implement actionable strategies and brand voice on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok and other channels. (Having experience on all of these is not required but preferred. Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn are a must.)
- Strategize and implement compelling social media advertising campaigns across a range of platforms for a variety of clients with strong targeting and clear ROI.
- Act as a community manager across all client platforms, consistently monitoring and concisely communicating with target audiences.
- Draft, schedule and post monthly content calendars using Sprout Social.
- Track and monitor the success of social media initiatives and provide monthly or quarterly reports and recommendations for clients.
- Serve as an agency resource, educating clients and staff on effective social media campaigns, social analytics, new reporting or listening tools and industry trends.
- Work with account service and public relations teams to fully and cohesively integrate strategic plans. Work closely with our graphic designers and be familiar with Canva app when needed to execute social media creative needs.
- Monitor client competitors and trends.
Requirements of the Social Media Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience and deep understanding of creating and executing impactful and engaging social media campaigns. Agency experience preferred.
- Strongly proficient at navigating Facebook Business Manager in running ad campaigns, understanding metrics and insights, etc. Can you get in there and run that program like you own the place?
- Demonstrated experience crafting and managing paid social media campaigns. #sponsoredpost
- Strong copywriter with the ability to understand, adapt and execute use of brand voice and an exceptional attention to detail. Samples will be required. This is the one time in life having multiple personalities is a good thing.
- Experience using Sprout Social scheduling/reporting platform a real plus. Do you “sprout” where you’re planted?
- Vast knowledge of ins and outs of all relevant platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok. And whatever new platform came out yesterday.
- Experience in photo and/or video editing within a social context. A picture is worth a thousand words!
- Knowledge of social insights and social advertising insights. Do you know what makes people tick…and click?
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. It’s crazy and we love it.
- Organized multi-tasker with a can-do attitude. We don’t think that’s too much to ask for.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaborate as an effective team member. Giddy up and round up the posse.
- Flexible hours – nights, weekends and holidays. Because social media never sleeps.
- Comfortable presenting recommendations and results in face-to-face client meetings. When the heat is on, do you shine or boil over?
- Above all, must be focused on building relationships and have a passion for exceeding expectations and a love for learning. Boring people and Debbie Downers need not apply!
How To Apply
Send us your cover letter, resume and social media post samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.