This position supports and enhances external communications initiatives to improve how the college connects with employees, students/parents, prospective students/parents and community members through social media communication and multimedia marketing efforts.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves at the college’s chief social media strategist and content creator/developer. Writes copy, takes photos, generates graphics that meet the college’s brand guidelines, and produces video for college social media postings.
2. Develops the overall college social media strategy through the execution and implementation of social media communication. Creates schedules, supports goals and timelines for social media communication/marketing efforts.
3. Produces short and long-form videos for Instagram Stories, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Produces feature style videos; live in-classroom videos; promotional style program feature videos.
4. Oversees the college’s social media style guide and contributes to and helps enforce the college’s overall digital style guide. Monitors official college social media communications for accurate and consistent compliance with the standards of the college’s brand style guide.
5. Collaborates with the CMPR team to conceptualize and develop communications/marketing plans to utilize digital and social media channels, and to create online/social media content (including, but not limited, tweets, status updates, photos and interactive videos) to support social media goals.
6. Works closely with CMPR team to reuse and align social media content across multiple channels, including the college’s website, internal and external newsletters, annual publications, etc.
7. Collaborates with CMPR leaders to manage the college’s reputation and brand online while creating and maintaining open lines of communication with digital community members.
8. Maintains knowledge of current industry practices to make recommendations as related to information design and monitors competitive environment (often using analytics) to improve/grow the college’s social media presence.
9. Writes and edits assigned college online content, which may include copy for webpages, social media messages, e-newsletters and bulk communication (email, email marketing, text, etc).
10. Proofreads assigned marketing communications as requested.
11. Assists CMPR leaders with implementing the crisis communication plan during a critical event/emergency.
12. Manages a team of interns, oversees a content editorial calendar and identifies key influencers to positively promote the Central Piedmont brand authentically
13. Serves on committees as assigned
14. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with social media platforms (including but not limited) to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn
• Experience with utilizing and leveraging social media management and analytical tools including but not limited to Hoot Suite and Sprout Social
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to work with others in a team environment
• Attention to details
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative and team-building skills
• Video producing/editing skills
Bachelor’s degree and 4 to 6 years of related work experience in social media communications and marketing.
To apply an/or see the complete job description, please visit https://cpcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=3711&site=1.
The position will be posted until Oct. 6, 2019, or until filled.