The Senior Public Relations Specialist performs a leadership role, professional work in the planning, development and implemtation of CATS' communications programs including public relations, public involvement, social media coordination and internal communications.
Major responsibilities include:
- Serving as a lead PR advisor assigned to CATS' division and/or projects
- Creates communications plans and provides guidance and assistance with the implementation of plans
- Serves as primary back-up to CATS Public Relations Manager
- Serves as agency spokesperson; provides support to CATS employees in their relationships with the news media; be on-call during assigned weekends and holidays
- Represents the agency at meetings and special events
Candidates for this position are required to have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year collegve or university with major coursework in public relations, communications or a related field.
Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in PR, communications, public involvement or community relations. Supervisory or management experience preferred.
For a full job description, and to apply, please visit: https://www.jobapscloud.com/oec/Charlotte/Jobs/Bulletin?R1=2109&R2=207200&R3=01