Senior Communications Specialist (Virtual)
Location: Belmont, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 10/1/2021
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Can you tell a great story? Do you enjoy making a positive impact? This is an exciting opportunity to develop and manage content for multiple channels, create social media strategy, and help grow our communications!
Vallen’s Senior Communications and Events Specialist is an individual contributor tasked with developing and implementing communications programs and messages to educate and inform key stakeholders including customers, management and employees. Content will be delivered through various media, including email, newsletters, video and social media. The Senior Communications Specialist works with company leaders and subject matter experts to create internal and external communications in support of corporate messaging and marketing activities, developing appropriate content and distribution channels.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop content for internal newsletters, including research/writing/editing, creating photography or video assets, formatting and assembling content in appropriate platforms or applications for distribution
- Lead and manage social media efforts, including creating and scheduling content
- Develop, manage and maintain content for company intranet pages
- Support the creation/editing and distribution of various corporate messages
- Support events including live and/or virtual town halls, internal conferences, webinars and meetings
- Ensure internal and external messages are consistent and support organizational goals
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team members and external agencies to develop campaigns and collateral
- Assist with communications strategy and measurement
- Additional communications tasks and duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, or communications and a minimum of 3-5 years of applicable experience. Applicable experience should include:
- Strong communication skills, including research, writing, editing and proofreading
- Social media experience and knowledge of best practices
- Photography and/or video experience, along with video editing in Premiere Pro
- Ability to work across departments and functions to support organizational communications
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Experience with or ability to learn various applications and technology platforms for writing, publishing, design or layout. Applications include: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel), Sharepoint, Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign), Yammer, Poppulo, Smartsheet or similar applications.
How To Apply
Learn more and apply at: https://jobs.silkroad.com/SoneparUS/Externalvallencareerssilkroadcom/jobs/12256