Senior Communications Specialist
Location: North Carolina
Salary Range: $48,000-$52,000
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 10/9/2020
The Senior Communications Specialist will play a vital role in the development and execution of sharing essential, timely and accurate information about Monarch’s people, programs and services to internal and external audiences using multiple channels, including traditional and digital marketing strategies. This will include duties related to content development and management for social media, website, digital media and print publications. This is a remote, work-from-home position with North Carolina residence required.
The Senior Communications Specialist will report to and receive regular work assignments from the Communications Manager and may also receive direction from the Vice President for Marketing and Philanthropy and other key department members. The Senior Communications Specialist should exhibit excellent writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, close attention to detail, the ability tomanage several communications channels and projects simultaneously, and ability to self-direct his/her work.
- Daily management and monitoring of Monarch’s social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and any new, emerging channels; social post scheduling through a management dashboard such as Hootsuite.
- Development of content for use across Monarch communication channels, including social media, website, intranet, and print publications, including developing story leads, interviewing subjects, writing for various platforms, monitoring content performance and engagement.
- Development and posting of content to MyMonarch (intranet) and MonarchNC.org (website).
- Production of collateral content, including photographs, graphic images and banners, videos and other materials for social, website and intranet to support reader and user engagement. Manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual production schedules for social media and content development, adhering to departmental timelines for deliverables.
- Manage development of annual social media strategy, including goals and objectives for improvement and growth.
- Strategic planning and implementation of email marketing campaigns with emphasis on compelling content and audience segmentation.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Spark), Canva, Camtasia, and other design and video editing programs.
- Support development of letters, brochures, printed materials, speeches/presentations, and other marketing efforts through content contribution and proofing.
- Educate internal partners about traditional and digital marketing principles and best practices and serve as a resource for questions about marketing requests and communications materials.
- Traveling and driving may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related discipline
- At least 2-4 years of proven communications or marketing experience, including solid writing, story development and social media expertise. Portfolio of stories and/or social media campaigns required.
How To Apply
Please visit Monarch's Careers page for more details and to apply: https://monarch.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Monarch/job/Albemarle-NC/Senior-Communications-Specialist_R2814