Senior Communications Specialist
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 3/6/2020
The Senior Communications Specialist will play a vital role in the development and execution of sharing essential, timely and accurate information about Monarch’s people, programs and services to internal and external audiences using multiple channels including digital and traditional marketing strategies. This will include a variety of duties related to content development: writing newsletters, news briefs and releases, social media posts and web copy. The candidate will serve as the lead for all of Monarch’s content management systems (CMS) and digital marketing platforms. The person in the role will oversee the technical implementation and evaluation of the company’s websites and digital channels to promote a positive brand presence and better optimize existing marketing and email campaigns. This role is a remote, work-from-home role with limited day travel to sites within North Carolina.
Although the candidate identified for this role will report to and receive regular work assignments from the Communications Manager, the candidate might also receive direction from the EVP/Chief Communications and Engagement Officer and other key department team members. Based on current needs, experience of the specialist's strengths should rely on excellent writing, strong interpersonal skills, close attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple channels.
Other duties are as follows:
- Will manage day-to-day duties that support the development of marketing/promotional materials, both print and electronic and related projects including proofreads and revisions
- Helps improve the organization’s online presence with effective reputation management and campaign development and serve as the lead for all of Monarch’s CMS and digital marketing platforms
- Manage Google location listings, reporting content and verification process(es)
- Develops and implements both paid and organic marketing strategies for all of Monarch digital channels (social media, website, Google location listings, etc.)
- Conducts quarterly digital audits and develops monthly website and social media analytics reports for leadership team
- Develop, manage and schedule both email and social media marketing campaigns
- Strategic planning and implementation of email campaigns with emphasis on compelling content and audience segmentation
- Use Google Analytics, Constant Contact, Pixel, Hootsuite, Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Hot Jar and other relevant measurement dashboards to analyze data and report on effectiveness of digital campaigns
- Build and maintain traffic to company website and presence on social media pages
- Educate internal partners about digital marketing, best practices and processes
- Will help to develop and coordinate letters, brochures, video production and multimedia packages. Must have experience with the development of simple videos for social media and digital campaigns
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Spark), Canva, Camtasia or other design and video editing programs is a plus
- Possess the knowledge to develop and execute search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), conversion rate optimization (CRO), and Proven-Pay for Clicks (PPC) strategies is desired
- Will serve as source for questions about marketing requests and communications materials
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related discipline.
- At least 2-4 years of proven communications or marketing experience with solid writing and story development experience. Portfolio of stories or digital campaigns required.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, time management ability, plus demonstrated flexibility to handle a variety of projects and assignments simultaneously.
How To Apply
For additional details, job description and instructions to apply for the Senior Communications Specialist role, visit Monarch at: https://bit.ly/2vEZgKd.