Research Analyst, Media & Surveys
Location: Charlotte, NC
Salary Range: Competitive
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 11/28/2018
Who we are hiring:
The Corporate Communications team is looking for a high-energy and digitally-savvy Sr. Analyst to help build out earned media that is ever-more-relevant and engaging to consumers. This Analyst will define, develop, and implement surveys and research to capture, analyze, and translate social data and social listening results in to actionable business initiatives. This role will also help in measuring the effectiveness of PR as well as recommend ideas for further improvement. This role is ideal for someone who thrives in the space where analytics and creativity intersect.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Conduct primary research (primarily via web-based surveys) to measure consumer sentiments, opinions and habits related to topics that are relevant to our brand(s).
- The survey results will be used to create engaging, useful, unique and interesting web-based, data-backed content, which will be shared with external media outlets. The goal is to demonstrate thought leadership & subject matter authority while increasing brand awareness, SEO/backlinks and potentially even growing site traffic.
- Analyze and interpret survey results complete with cross-tabulations to view the relationships between certain demographics and survey answers
- Occasionally pitch your research findings with relevant media, and occasionally speak with members of the media (reporters, journalists, writers) who may have additional questions or would like more information on the survey findings.
- Frequently research and analyze what our competitors are doing in the consumer survey/research area, evaluating press resulting from surveys, and then applying that information to survey planning and programming
- Occasionally evaluate and research survey/consumer research vendors
- Create a survey calendar that takes into account organizational and departmental goals, timelines, budgets, etc, and then execute.
LendingTree was founded in 1996 with a simple mission statement: to put money back into consumers pockets by empowering them with knowledge they can use compare financial products and get the best deal possible.
As part of the LendingTree team, we are publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
LendingTree’s editorial team consists of nearly two dozen full-time staff writers and editors working diligently to create quality, informative, engaging content for audiences across several LendingTree brands: DepositAccounts.com, MagnifyMoney.com, CompareCards.com, StudentLoanHero.com, and SimpleTuition.com.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
What your experience looks like:
- Working knowledge of engaging, useful web content
- Top-level Internet research skills-- you should be a Google Master
- Strategic, creative problem-solving skills with the drive of a self-starter and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles independently
- 2+ years working with large data sets, with the ability to analyze, splice and cross-tabulate data to view survey responses in multiple ways.
- Bachelor's degree
- Well-spoken, articulate, and skilled communicator both in person and in writing
- Experience in designing, programming and fielding web-based surveys
- General interest in consumer personal finance, consumer financial behavior, consumer habits and a passion for testing out your ideas and theories
What experience will give you an edge:
- Background in Public Relations, Media Relations, Journalism, Copy-editing, Writing, Psychology a plus
How To Apply
Apply through the following link: https://grnh.se/a37a436f1