PR Senior Account Executive
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 8/21/2023
Luquire is looking for a mid-level PR professional to support our corporate and B2B clients while continuing to develop their own skills. The ideal candidate MUST have a minimum of three years’ prior fulltime experience in public relations or communications within an agency, corporation or other professional setting. Proven media relations success and strong writing skills are a must, including a mastery of AP Style and an understanding of how to adjust tone and format for various audiences. You should be a self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills, a great team player, committed to helping others succeed and willing to step outside your comfort zone to achieve unexpected results.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with other team members in establishing PR and communications strategies.
- Develop story pitches and other tactical ideas that support client PR strategies.
- Research and drafts press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, feature stories, bios and other materials, with editorial oversight from senior team members as warranted.
- Pitch stories and conduct other forms of outreach to media, bloggers and other influencers with limited guidance from other team members.
- May participate in media training or spokesperson preparation for assigned clients.
- May provide crisis communications support with counsel and guidance from more experienced team members.
- Utilize the agency’s PR management software platform, as well as other online tools, to monitor for client and other related mentions in traditional and digital media.
- Handle coverage reports, client billing and other account management duties, including opening jobs and other tasks using the agency’s project management platform.
- May oversee the day-to-day work of junior-level staff as needed while serving as a role model for their professional and personal growth.
This position offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for career advancement with a growing company. Luquire employs a hybrid/remote work model, meaning employees may work from home or in the office at their discretion, including remote work from a location other than Charlotte. If working remotely, occasional travel may be required for various company functions, client meetings or other work duties.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Three to five years of prior fulltime PR or communications experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success pitching and placing stories in top-tier national business media – New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CNBC, etc.
- Strong understanding of print, broadcast, digital and social media, including what makes a good story and how to connect with a desired audience through targeted media outreach.
- Critical and creative thinker with the ability to apply curiosity to all aspects of the role.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing or work samples by visiting https://luquire.com/careers/pr-senior-account-executive/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Luquire George Andrews (Luquire) participates in E-Verify. Luquire recognizes and values the diversity of its employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.