Mgr. Corporate Communications
Company: National Gypsum
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 2/21/2020
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Serve as the corporate journalist and publisher for NGCentral, the Company’s internal newsroom, by creating content calendars and writing, editing and publishing content on a weekly basis. Generate monthly metrics reports and provide recommendations for continuous improvement. The manager will also train power users on uploading content in the system and creating communication sites within brand guidelines.
- Serve as the corporate journalist and publisher for NGCommunication Centers, the Company’s internal digital signage program, by creating content calendars and writing, editing and publishing content on a weekly basis. The manager will also serve as the training manager of the system for internal customers.
- Serve as the corporate project manager for NGTV programs, the Company’s internal video channel, by creating story boards, scripts and managing projects with video vendors. Generate monthly metrics reports and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Manage photography projects and serve as the corporate communications power user for the Company’s digital asset management system by uploading assets and tagging metadata on a weekly basis.
- Serve as the campaign manager for select external communication campaigns by managing the content, securing approvals and working with the Company’s content management and marketing automation systems to deliver campaigns to various groups. Generate monthly metrics reports and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Monitor news and social clippings on Meltwater and provide weekly metric reports and newsletters using the Meltwater system. Serve as the content manager for the Meltwater newsroom.
- Assist the director of corporate communications with event and project management for town hall, sales and plant manager meetings, anniversary events. Govern web content and assist with publishing on external Company channels.
- Assist the director of corporate communications with the annual communications survey and provide analytic reports, as established by the director, using several system analytic tools on SharePoint, Google, Meltwater, Assurance and the marketing automation system.
- Assist the director of corporate communication with annual updates to the crisis communication plan and become a power user of the crisis notification system.
- Participate and contribute to the annual corporate communications strategic planning process and provide ideas, recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Education B.A. degree in journalism, communications or English; M.A. degree preferred.
- More than 10 years of experience working for a manufacturing company or on a corporate communications or marketing team.
- Experience creating analytics dashboards using Google and SharePoint analytics.
- Experience with web, video, podcast and print production.
- Outstanding consultative, organizational and project-management skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and experience managing creative suppliers and vendors.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, social media channels, digital asset management, content management, marketing automation, workflow and project management systems.
- Knowledge of AP Style and willing to keep current on style updates.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) and match
- Retirement Account
- Paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- And more…
How To Apply
Please apply on our website if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Employment Ready Applicants Only.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.