Company: BGE, Inc.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 1/14/2021
At BGE, we seek out challenges and apply our community minded approach to see the big picture and uncover opportunities. We are adept at analyzing a situation, seeing it for what it can be and delivering the right response. Through it all, we connect with customers, employees, and communities and do what we say we will do with integrity and commitment.
BGE, Inc. is a nationwide consulting firm that provides services in civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture, construction management and environmental services for public and private clients. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to include outstanding health care, generous 401(k) match, career mapping and highly competitive time away from work programs to include dependent care and flexible Fridays.
Our culture sets us apart from most with our commitment to serve our clients, our community and our employees. We seek out those professionals performing aligned with our core values - integrity, commitment, respect and excellent reputation.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join us in our Charlotte, NC office. The Marketing Manager is part of the Marketing Team and responsible for promoting the brand in emerging and existing markets. The successful candidate will possess great writing skills and be familiar with marketing/public relations techniques like advertising, brochures and websites. While focused on BGE offices in the Southeast (North Carolina, Florida and Georgia) this position will also manage several company-wide projects like project sheets, associations advertising and other activities to build overall brand awareness.
- Creates marketing plans for the SE region that align with company goals.
- Working with local leaders provides in-person client relations and business development support.
- Working in tandem with the Communications and Graphics team, responsible for writing and maintaining company’s marketing efforts like service line, project and award sheets, online brochures.
- Understands all aspects of the BGE business and stays in touch with creative marketing tools, digital communications and social media, to potentially use this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation.
- Supports the Communication Team ferreting out potential news stories and social media posts primarily in the SE and other areas as assigned.
- Assists with proposal preparation as requested.
- Create and manage advertising campaigns generally associated with various industry events in the SE.
- Strategizes the company’s marketing efforts at various industry and community events.
- Meets monthly with leaders in SE to review marketing needs, researches and presents marketing opportunities.
- Utilizes robust copywriting skills for emails, ad copy, press releases and blogs.
- Leads SE outreach efforts, client or special events, white papers, presentation development, tradeshows, and public relations efforts.
- Assigns and balances workloads and priorities, resolving conflicts when multiple efforts are competing for resources.
- Self-motivated and works independently to handle multiple tasks as well as successfully addresses the “unexpected and urgent” needs of the day.
- Regularly performs quality reviews on final, or near-final documents.
- All documentation is developed and presented with a high level of quality using creative and persuasive messaging.
- Uses deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills to address challenges independently, while knowing when to discuss further scenarios with senior management.
- Meets deadlines by establishing priorities, setting internal deadlines, coordinating with contributors, writing, editing, and meeting review and approval requirements.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with management, staff and external contacts.
- Coordinates, assembles and submits all documentation using the Branding & Style Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related fields
- 8+ years prior work experience in public relations, marketing, preferably in engineering or construction industry
- Professional communication and demeanor is required.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis
- Travel to offices in Southeast (North Carolina, Florida and Georgia) and Houston required.
How To Apply
How to Apply
Marketing Manager | BGE Careers (ultipro.com)
Click Apply Now at the top of the page and it will direct you to create an account. Please create an account where you will then submit your application. Send Confidential Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.