Marketing & Communications Manager
Company: Arts & Science Council
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 9/19/2022
The Marketing & Communications Manager, a member of ASC’s Public Relations & Marketing team, proactively manages and executes effective and measurable marketing and communications work for the overall agency – including a focus on its Culture Blocks program that is designed to connect residents with cultural programming that speaks to their interests and occurs close to where they live. This position works closely with the Director of Public Relations & Marketing to create, manage and execute marketing and communication activities, track assignments/projects, ensure deadlines are met both internally and externally, and oversee administrative tasks that relate to achieving the goals and objectives of the Culture Blocks program and ASC.
The ideal applicant for this position would be proactive, bilingual (Spanish/English), detail-oriented, well-organized, have strong writing and editing skills, and adaptable/flexible to the fast-paced environment of communications and marketing. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work with and in diverse communities (e.g. race, ethnicity, socio-economic, etc.). A passion for and understanding of the cultural community and its work in the community is essential.
- Partner with Culture Blocks staff in coordinating ASC-hosted community event in each geographic area in the Culture Blocks footprint – to include material preparation, RSVP management and marketing support.
- Create, manage, execute, monitor, and evaluate the annual marketing plan for Culture Blocks (digital and print ads, texting, email, collateral, etc.).
- Ensure all funded partner programming is listed on CharlotteCultureGuide.com.
- Manage all Culture Blocks-related content including cultural events and relevant funding opportunities on ArtsAndScience.org.
- Design bilingual digital and print materials.
- Partner with Culture Blocks staff and Culture Blocks providers to drive awareness of Culture Blocks and its funded activities.
- Manage Culture Blocks photo library.
- Produce content (written, visual) about the Culture Blocks program that is meaningful and relevant on ASC’s social media channels to engage ASC’s fans/followers, increase awareness of the program and drive attendance to cultural offerings.
- Craft stories and unique content that explores and celebrates Culture Blocks.
- Manage respective content on ArtsAndScience.org and CharlotteCultureGuide.com.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing tools and strategies.
- Plan, manage and implement digital marketing and social media strategy initiatives.
- Produce marketing and communication materials that may include donor e-newsletters, videos, blog posts, flyers, information sheets, invitations, advertisements, post cards, etc.
- Track and monitor marketing and communications analytics and produce engagement reports (social media, emails, website, etc.).
- Collaborate across agency departments.
- Traffic the flow of work including the distribution of proofs to respective departments for corrections/approvals.
- Support special events presented by ASC.
- Provide administrative support and participate in special project teams, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Public Relations or Journalism, or related discipline, and 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (verbal and written).
- Ability to interact with staff and community leaders and residents at all levels, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with integrity.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Effective execution of building engagement via social media efforts for an organization.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills—including Office365, WordPress, Canva, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Suite, and Hootsuite (or a similar social media management platform).
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies.
- Experience with content management systems
- ASC’s team works in a hybrid environment, where workspace is available, or employees work from home.
- Frequently asked to attend and participate in meetings outside of the office or home office.
- Occasionally will be asked to lift, carry, set-up and clean-up materials, up to 20 lbs.
- Attendance and participation at events and activities throughout the cultural community will be expected from time-to-time outside of normal office hours and on weekends.
How To Apply
How to apply:
- Please email resume and cover letter with “Marketing & Communications Manager” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. Thursday, August 11, 2022.
- No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
ASC is an equal opportunity employer. People of African, Latin-a/o/x/e, Asian, Arab, and/or Native American descent, LGBTQ+/LGBTQIA people, women, and people who are disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.