Internal Communications Specialist
Company: Cabarrus County Government
Location: Concord, NC
Salary Range: $45,635.20- $51,979.20 Plus competitive benefits package https://cabarruscounty.us/resources/employee-benefits
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 10/4/2021
- Create and foster meaningful connections between employees and the organization to improve team members' sense of belonging, satisfaction with the organization and retention.
- Lead approaches that positively influence team member understanding of and engagement in County strategic initiatives, health/wellness/safety programs, brand stewardship, organizational culture and required employment actions.
- Work closely with the Communications & Outreach team and employees across the organization to develop, implement and evaluate impactful communications strategies that include written communication, social exchanges and events.
- Collaborate with team members by putting forward ideas, providing and responding to supportive feedback, and lending a hand.
- Communicate regularly with other departments to understand the needs, challenges and opportunities of reaching employees at all levels and across the organization.
- Connect employees to the work of the County through memorable and meaningful experiences.
- Create and support projects and events that celebrate employee accomplishments and team success.
- Develop creative, persuasive and informative internal communications content delivered through a monthly newsletter, internal digital signage network content, written announcements, presentations, in-person visits, photography, podcasts, videos, training demos, surveys, etc.
- Contribute to a team-based creative production process, including pre-production work, script writing and content distribution.
- Write and pitch stories on employee innovation, accomplishments, awards and trainings.
- Update the team member portal (Intranet) and NeoGov onboarding sites.
- Promote social responsibility initiatives, including philanthropic work and volunteer service that supports our team and community.
- Provide editorial review of materials.
- Attend meetings as required or assigned.
- Provide internal crisis communication assistance, including performing work during emergency and inclement weather situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff; to communicate with others tactfully and courteously over the telephone and in-person; to prepare and maintain detailed files and records; to plan work and work independently; to work as part of a team; and to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines. Demonstrate knowledge of internal communications, employee engagement, marketing, event planning, public speaking, on-camera performance, and information dissemination practices and procedures. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, and rules of composition and grammar. Working knowledge of office equipment and computers and applicable software applications. General knowledge of the organization and functions of County government, health and wellness. Proficiency in AP Style, Constant Contact, content management systems, Canva, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media.
How To Apply