The Events and Marketing Director will be responsible for planning, executing and supporting the Chamber’s events, marketing, communications and member outreach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Plan, support and execute all Chamber events including, but not limited to Annual Meeting, Legislative Breakfast, Cabarrus Chamber Miniature Golf Classic, Women in Business, Teacher Appreciation, Chamber 5K, Brew-N-Cue, First Responders Appreciation and public policy summits, plus any additional events that may be added.
• In conjunction with the Member Relationship Executive, schedule and help plan all Chamber networking events. Coordinate the event details, registration and promotion.
• Plan and set up online registration, digital check in, promotion, execution and logistics of all events including review of banquet contracts.
• Maintain online Chamber calendar
• Execute virtual events through teleconferencing platforms as needed.
• Responsible for video and photography at events in the case that there is not a professional photographer or videographer.
• Produce events according to budget, track expenses and submit invoices for payment in a timely manner.
• Prepare event benchmark reporting for Board of Directors meetings
• Responsible for creative or overseeing creative for events (logos, graphics, signs, web art, programs, etc.).
• Prepare press releases as directed.
• Update design and write content for website.
• Collaborate with the Chamber team members to create and organize content for the bi-weekly
e-newsletter and annual mailed communications.
• Promote and manage all social media outlets as well as develop strategies to increase
• Function as an integral part of The Chamber team and continually work together with other staff and volunteers to contribute to the advancement of The Chamber and its mission.
• Represent the Chamber as needed at events, shows and functions.
• Cover the front of the office when needed, welcoming visitors and helping with their needs.
• Communicate with Chamber staff members regarding specific issues related to members’ needs and concerns.
• Demonstrate a commitment to The Chamber mission in all work produced.
• Other duties as assigned including but not limited to minute taking, invoicing and
As an employee of The Chamber, the Events and Marketing Director will conduct herself/himself in a polite, professional and ethical manner at all times. Misrepresentations, disrespect to our members, prospects, or staff may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Business attire must be worn on all appointments and at all Chamber functions. Business casual attire is allowed in the office at times.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years of experience in event planning, public relations or related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing/sales is
• Graphic design experience is a plus.
• Must be willing to take a skills test and show examples of communications proficiency.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND LICENSURE:
• Experience in basic computer networking, MS Office, internet and email
• Experience in Constant Contact or other email marketing platform
• Experience in development of marketing creative
• Experience working with website maintenance
• Proficiency in social media
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong telephone and one-to-one conversation skills
• Excellent customer service with a strong desire to exceed member expectations
• Strong problem solving and project management skills
• Ability to develop projects, create timelines, meet deadlines and multi-task, working with little or no supervision
• NC Driver’s License
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to Barbi Jones, Executive Director, at email@example.com or The Chamber, Leading Business in Cabarrus; PO Box 1750; Concord, NC; 28026 by October 15, 2021 for consideration.