This position serves as the primary contact for all internal and some external communication at the college by working collaboratively with all departments and the administration to draft and review messages before distributing them
1. Researches and develops comprehensive guidelines for internal and external communications across all college units. Work with other staff in Communications, Marketing, & Public Relations to assess and enhance the effectiveness of college communications.
2. Coordinates with Communications, Marketing, & Public Relations as well as other areas of the college, in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive, strategic internal communications plan – including maintaining ongoing client contacts college-wide for communications input and coordination year-round.
3. Will lead the Communications, Marketing, & Public Relations work in the creation of – and ongoing strategy and use of – a new SharePoint-based intranet to keep staff and faculty apprised of college news, information and updates. Sources and writes compelling, engaging, and concise Central Piedmont-related content and published on the intranet and also on the college’s public website homepage news section.
4. Helps the Vice President for Communications, Marketing, & Public Relations Community Relations and Marketing Services and the Executive Director of Communications in enhancing/updating the crisis communications plan and working as partners with the college’s Emergency Management team – and the overall Risk, Safety, and Security team – in implementing the components of the plan in the event of a critical event/emergency, as well as assisting in the training of Communications, Marketing, & Public
Relations team members to execute the plan.
5. Monitors, assembles and edits submissions for all internal communications (email messages, weekly newsletter, etc.), publishes and distributes internally. Maintains the tracking of and archives for internal college-wide communications.
6. Researches, writes and distributes news releases as requested. Maintains the media list for distribution of news releases. Helps the Vice President for Communications, Marketing, & Public Relations and the Executive Director of Communications to respond to media inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
7. Conceptualizes, writes and edits copy for printed and online materials and publications for the college. Proofreads and also provides input regarding all written marketing communications during the internal approval process as requested.
8. Maintains, updates, and implements the Central Piedmont style guide (and lexicon guide) as needed.
9. Ensures proper usage of Associated Press (AP) style while managing the college’s style guide. Monitors official college communications for accurate and consistent compliance with the standards of the college’s style guide (which is largely based on Associated Press –AP – style).
10. May serve as marketing account representative for units within the college by developing and implementing marketing plans and creating projects for internal clients.
11. May create and distribute social media content as backup for Social Media Manager.
12. Monitors social media for questions/comments about the college and replies as needed, as backup for Social Media Manager.
13. Proofs content for College Catalog project.
14. Posts items and manages information on college’s events calendar.
15. Serves on committees as assigned.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Marketing, Communication/Journalism or a related field and/or 4 years of experience in communications, marketing, internal / employee communications, feature writing, and/or social media. Knowledge of and familiarity with AP Style.
Strong writer and collaborative
See the Central Piedmont website at: https://cpcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=5077&site=1