Director, Director, Communications & Employee Experience
Company: Sealed Air Corporation
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 8/8/2019
The Director of Communications and Employee Experience is responsible for overseeing and driving compelling communications to keep Sealed Air employees informed and engaged around the world. This person will direct the company’s internal communications strategy, plans, channels to ensure the best employee experience for more than 15,000 employees in offices, plants and other locations.
This leader will be instrumental in partnering closely with Human Resources and other relevant stakeholders to support the company’s culture and employee experience efforts. He or she will also lead the strategy for select corporate social media handles to ensure news is shared and employees and other key audiences stay engaged.
This is a highly visible role that works closely with functions and teams across the organization. The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable and thrives working in ambiguous and fast-moving environments.
- Develop and implement the company’s global employee communications strategy and editorial schedule in support of business strategy and priorities.
- Oversee a team focused on communicating with diverse employee audiences located in plants, offices and the sales field.
- Write, develop and edit messages for a variety of mediums and events including the intranet, town halls, newsletters, social media and digital signage.
- Provide day-to-day support for several initiatives across Sealed Air including a company-wide transformation initiative.
- Drive employee understanding of the business strategy, our purpose and values with campaigns and compelling stories.
- Facilitate interactive, two-way communications forums and build a roadmap of intentional engagements annually.
- Work closely with Global Communications & Community Engagement teammates to ensure alignment with global priorities and plans, learn what’s working elsewhere and apply best practices where it makes sense.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s Degree preferred in Journalism, Public Relations, and Communications and/or Marketing; at least 10 years of Corporate Communications experience.
- Proven experience developing employee communications plans and strategies for an international company with wide spread, diverse audiences.
- Experience managing and setting the strategy for a global intranet platform used by employees who speak multiple languages.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complex issues and subject matters; well versed AP style.
- Experience coaching and/or training leaders on communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Nimble, flexible leader skilled in managing a mix of channels and approaches to engage audiences.
- Expertise and understanding of employer branding and employee advocacy a plus.
- Cover letter strongly recommended, and finalists for the position will be asked to produce samples of their writing work.
How To Apply
Apply on the Sealed Air Website: