Digital Strategist/Outreach Coordinator
Company: Cabarrus County
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 3/2/2020
The digital strategist/outreach coordinator performs intermediate professional work to raise the profile of County programs and services through creative social engagement, community connections, event production, marketing and skilled media relations. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Communications and Outreach director.
- Manages and implements strategic social, marketing and advertising campaigns for the County's brand, programs, services and events
- Creates and distributes compelling and timely content using video, photography and graphic design to tell stories about Cabarrus County Government, our employees, elected officials, programs, services and associated partners
- Organizes, develops and maintains content on the County website to ensure accuracy, timeliness and consistency of information and design
- Contributes to the County's media relations strategy
- Develops and executes presentations and conducts outreach activities to a variety of groups on the County's brand, programs and services
- Works with internal and external clients to produce meetings and events
- Writes and edits written materials
- Provides voice over and on-air talent
- Monitors, tracks and reports on program analytics
- Works with the communications team and County departments to generate creative, timely and engaging digital content for various distribution channels. Develops digital content calendars that align with production schedules and program deadlines. Distributes content according to schedules and measures content effectiveness.
- Works closely with departments to develop, design and post content and day-to-day updates to the County website.
- Manages marketing and advertising projects, including developing proposals, managing production, meeting deadlines and evaluating effectiveness. Ensures consistency with the County's brand. Serves as a liaison between internal clients and outside vendors.
- Develops and implements communications plans. Writes and distributes media releases. Responds to media inquiries and provides information to target audiences. Provides media on-call support as scheduled. Serve as the County's Public Information Officer when scheduled, including some night and weekend shifts.
- Works with internal and external clients to produce meetings and events. Coordinates logistics, provides on-site coordination and conducts post-event assessment. This includes site selection, audio/visual, run-of-show, scripts, development of collateral materials, décor, setup, marketing and promotions, and food and beverage. Works with departments to create budgets for events and responsibly stay within those budgets.
- Contributes to weekly e-newsletter using campaign management software.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on web, social and program analytics.
- Administers the County's Speakers Bureau and citizen engagement programs.
- Ensures departments follow best practices when exhibiting at community and industry events, including support of exhibit design, promotion and logistics.
- Coordinates the recruitment, selection and training of event-related auxiliary staff and volunteers.
- Contributes to a team-based creative production process, including research, location scouting, script writing, lighting, equipment management, shooting, editing and distribution.
- Provides editorial review of materials.
- Attends meetings as required or assigned.
- Provides crisis communication assistance, including performing work during emergency and inclement weather situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must demonstrate active participation in team collaborations. Must be able to execute a project from concept to completion. Ability to conceptualize campaigns and communicate the vision to collaborators. Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multitask. Thorough knowledge of digital campaign management, website content management, writing, marketing, public relations and event planning. Technical knowledge of video editing, photography and internet video streaming. Working knowledge and experience with DSLR cameras. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents and staff; communicate with others tactfully and courteously over the telephone and in person; to prepare and maintain detailed files and records; to plan work and work independently; to work as part of a team; and to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Working knowledge of office equipment and computers and applicable software applications. General knowledge of the organization and functions of county government. Proficiency in AP Style, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and Constant Contact.
How To Apply