Company: Foundation For The Carolinas
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Part Time
Date Available: 4/9/2021
The Content Specialist will support the broad goals of the Foundation, creating content and assisting with social media, public relations, marketing and media monitoring efforts. This role will grow awareness and positive perceptions of the FFTC brand, as well as affiliated and subsidiary brands. This position will play a role in public relations efforts as well as media and communications strategies across FFTC teams, and will also provide general support for the marketing and communications team, including but not limited to creating and monitoring social media content, helping create brand journalism content and maintaining the brand journalism site, producing videos and other digital storytelling content, and updating the content calendar, as well as writing, collateral production, design, website maintenance and administrative support. This role is a 12-month part-time support at $25.00/hour, maximum 25 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain brand journalism website, assist in content creation, including brand journalism and content marketing efforts, by writing long-form profiles, features and instructive content. Identify potential stories, assist with an editorial calendar, gather photos/videos and copy edit, when necessary.
- Assistwith internal communications, sharing marketing/media impact.
- Broadunderstanding of FFTC business lines and goals.
- Workclosely across FFTC teams to build awareness of FFTC products and services, programs, initiatives and community impact.
- Assistin key communications team projects, such as the newsletter and annual report.
- Craftand distribute news releases
- Assist crisis communication efforts through proactive media monitoring and reporting.
- Stayabreast of national issues and conversations and how they may impact FFTCsocial media messaging, as well as industry trends, technologies, standards andbest practices
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for theposition. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or beassigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; journalism or communications preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in communications or social media marketing
- Social media savvy; background in social media content creation, strategy and experience with social media monitoring tools
- Strong ability to create multimedia content, such as videos, podcasts, graphics, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication (writing samples required)
- Ability to translate complex information and ideas into understandable, cohesive messaging (writing samples required)
- Strong familiarity with AP style
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Strong capability in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with website content management systems and mass email distribution systems; working knowledge of HTML
- Versed in SEO best practices and analysis of web usage trends
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to brand standards
- General ability to perform the essential functions and overall physical and mental requirements of this position, including stamina to perform tasks over extended periods and ability to occasionally move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite and/or workstation to another
How To Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our careers page at https://www.fftc.org/careers, and submit an online application form along with an updated resume and cover letter.