Company: Clark Nexsen
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 6/1/2022
A Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing high quality external and internal communications that support the firm’s strategic objectives. This is a creative and collaborative position that requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, theability to prioritize and multi-task, and strong time management skills.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, edit, and produce well-written and sophisticated content for external and internal communications purposes
- Collaborate with communications, marketing, and business development teams to deliver content that aligns with firmwide and Market Sector marketing plans
- Research, write, and distribute press releases and content for the company website, including news and blog articles
- Create and distribute internal communications that support an engaged, informed corporate culture
- Collaborate with communications and marketing team members on email marketing strategy and content and social media strategies and content
- Implement a consistent brand voice across all marketing and communications materials
- Provide writing and editing support as needed for marketing materials such as proposals, project descriptions, staff biographies, cover letters, presentations or speeches, and award submissions
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy
- Collaborate with the CRM Manager to provide, collect, and organize information and images into content libraries, facilitating access to the information by others
- Collaborate with marketing to collect and develop project data including key details, photography, descriptions, client testimonials, post-occupancy surveys, energy efficiency, etc.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team •Build and maintain relationships with external media outlets
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives, and goals.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Education, Technology, and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
A minimum of 3 years of experience developing communications such as press releases, blog and website content, internal communications, marketing collateral, case studies, and email and advertising copy.
Experience in the A/E industry may be given additional consideration.
A Communications Specialist should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, information management, and digital publishing. Current programs should include:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint
- Microsoft Dynamics or equivalent
- CRM software
- Social Media Applications (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Web Content Management System(s) Email Marketing System(s) (Constant Contact, etc.)
Experience in the use of the following programs is desirable:
- Adobe InDesign
- Deltek Vision Additional
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor – actively participates and contributes as a team member in group settings
- Content writing experience for all media platforms •Proven social media and networking expertise
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and stay ahead of deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work
- Have an enthusiastic, client-oriented, can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to their professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
Work is sedentary and often performed in an office setting. Work area is lighted, heated, and ventilated. This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and lifting of minimal weight. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How To Apply