Location: Belmont, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 4/1/2019
You will be responsible for developing and implementing communications programs and messages to educate and inform key stakeholders including customers, management and employees. Content will be delivered through various media, including email, newsletters, video and social media. The Communications Specialist works with company leaders and subject matter experts to create internal and external communications in support of corporate messaging and marketing activities, developing appropriate content and distribution channels.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop content for internal newsletters, including research/writing/editing, creating photography or video assets, formatting and assembling content in appropriate platforms or applications for distribution
- Lead and manage social media efforts, including creating and scheduling content
- Develop, manage and maintain content for company intranet pages
- Support the creation/editing and distribution of various corporate messages
- Ensure internal and external messages are consistent and support organizational goals
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team members and external agencies to develop campaigns and collateral
- Assist with communications strategy and measurement
- Additional communications tasks and duties as assigned
Qualifications and Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field and a minimum of two years of applicable experience.
Applicable experience should include:
- Strong communication skills, including research, writing, editing and proofreading
- Social media experience and knowledge of best practices
- Ability to work across departments and functions to support organizational communications
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Experience with or ability to learn various applications and technology platforms for writing, publishing, design or layout. Applications may include: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel), Sharepoint, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Yammer, Poppulo, or similar applications.
- Photography and/or video experience is a plus, along with video editing in Premiere Pro
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
How To Apply
Please apply online at: https://sonepar-us-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/communications