Company: Compass Group
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 5/19/2022
Eurest is looking for a creative, effective communicator with a passion for storytelling, influencing and connecting. This person will be a self-starter who can clearly package a message verbally, visually and in writing for a variety of mediums. Supported by and collaborating with the Sr. Director of Communications, the Communications Manager would be responsible for telling Eurest’s story across multiple communication streams including video, social media and other digital communication platforms, thought leadership, corporate social responsibility and employee and client communications. The right candidate works with a hospitality mindset, working collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and bringing a level of positivity that is contagious among those this person works with. For this role, the ability to manage a variety of projects is just as important as a sense of humor.
An Ideal Candidate
- You are a great storyteller. You understand how stories will resonate with different audiences and what their purpose is. You know how to clearly convey a key Eurest message through the art of story and how to gather the complete story with strong supporting visuals. You are thoughtful in your planning and distribution of the content you create.
- You understand tone and voice. You know how to adopt a voice depending on who and what you are writing for and you know the right tone to take, whether verbally or written, depending on the circumstance and audience.
- Relationships are important to you. You know how to develop them and maintain them, building trust, buy-in and collaboration across several business lines and departments. You know how to adapt quickly and shift between various projects and priorities.
- You are innovative and a self-starter. Keeping up with industry trends helps you spark new ideas, and you aren’t afraid to bring those new ideas to the table to push Eurest forward. You have an eye for leveling up.
- You are a strong writer and have excellent communication skills. You know how to paint a picture with words and in a way that would make an English professor proud. You are inclusive of all audiences and think critically and strategically about how a message is conveyed and received. You are articulate in both verbal and written communication and able to explain abstract concepts concisely and effectively.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Communications to drive Eurest’s content strategy, communication planning and storytelling initiatives forward – all of which convey thought leadership, industry innovation and company pride
- Identify powerful stories, collect and write them a variety of communication campaigns that would include video, internal communications, client communications, social media, traditional media
- Develops and executes communication programs that enhance associate understanding, engagement and active participation in company culture
- Ideate video content and scripts as a component to managed communication plans
- Manage awards calendar, identify opportunities and draft award submissions
- Lead regular communication and storytelling campaigns that support company diversity, equity and inclusion and corporate social responsibility goals
- Manage content for ESFM websites (internal and external), email distribution and other client-facing communications
- Support Eurest’s strategic media relations campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mass Communications and/or Journalism
- 5+ years’ of corporate communications or content marketing experience; Presentation of online portfolio demonstrating abilities and past projects required
- Experience with creating copy for press releases, case studies, blogs, and other collateral; experience with speech and video script writing, project and virtual meeting planning
- Strong technical aptitude, current on communication measuring and reporting and social media trends
- Hospitality mindset
- Strong proofreading abilities including attention to detail regarding messaging, audience and tone
- Agency, corporate communications or cross-functional team experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Word Press, and video editing programs a plus
- Candidate based in Charlotte, NC preferred; remote work considered
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the year (including overnights)
How To Apply