Acts Retirement-Life Communities, one of the nation’s premier senior living organizations, seeks a talented and highly motivated Communications Manager in our regional office in Charlotte, North Carolina. This position has a strong social media, PR and digital communications focus that involves identifying stories and developing multimedia content involving our residents, communities and team members. The individual in this position will have a key role on the corporate communications team in helping to manage and create content for Acts’ digital channels, secure media coverage involving our residents and communities, and assist with other communications strategies to drive awareness, lead generation and sales.
Essential Job Functions:
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or journalism with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
· Must be well-versed in digital and social media strategies
· Proficient with digital graphic design and video production (Adobe Creative Suite)
· Media savvy with excellent news judgement and track record securing press coverage
· Experience creating stories and content both in written and multimedia form
· Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proven ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects independently, and work
effectively in a team environment
· Professional demeanor and able to interact with seniors with sensitivity and compassion
· Desire to stay informed with latest digital PR and social media trends
· Some travel to communities is required for promotional opportunities and events
If you have the experience, work ethic, and the drive to make a difference in the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you. Acts offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and many opportunities for career growth.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter (required) explaining how your background meets the requirements for this position along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter (required) by January 15, 2018 to: email@example.com or apply at acts-jobs.org