Location: Matthews/Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 3/18/2019
Thompson, located in the Charlotte/Matthews area, is seeking a Communications Director. This position will play an integral role in developing strategic communications for all internal staff, donors, community partners, and website to consistently articulate Thompson’s mission and five core values. He/she will ensure Thompson is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base.
Primary duties include:
- Develops, implements and evaluates an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of Thompson and strengthens its brand identity throughout the communities it serves.
- Identifies, develops and executes strategies to capitalize on internal and external communication opportunities, working with the Executive Leadership and Expanded Teams.
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with media market contacts that helps promote the organization and to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to Thompson’s programs and services.
- Maintains web site and ensures that new and consistent information (articles, links, stories, and events) is posted weekly.
- Regularly reviews and makes recommended changes to organization-wide communications plan informed by data analytics.
- Actively seeks and documents client interactions that illustrate the impact of Thompson services to share in a variety of communications.
- Works closely with executive & program leaders to understand the needs of each program and the overall organization as it pertains to communications.
- Provides content copy and assists in the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, social media, newsletters, brochures, the Thompson website and internal communications.
- Oversees organizational communications and copy content to ensure alignment with Thompson strategic communications plan.
- Develops and refines Thompson’s “core” messages to ensure organizational consistency.
- Oversees organizational response to inquiries about Thompson.
- Creates content and strategic plan to increase audience engagement on Thompson social media channels.
- Prepares talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field required. Excellent writing/editing communication skills. 3+ years of communications experience. Excellent computer skills, including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and WordPress and/or HTML, preferred. Experience managing and executing across several social media outlets, website maintenance, and developing and implementing communications strategies. Willing to work independently and has the ability to prioritize and follow through effectively. Ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
How To Apply
Fill out the online application here: https://www.thompsoncff.org/join-our-team/