Position: Chief Communications & Marketing Officer
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Interfaces with: Targeted audiences, regional leadership, staff, members/volunteers, outside media contacts, various constituencies and the public at large.
Manages: Communications & Media Relations VP; Internet Director; New Media Director; Art Director; Social Media Associate/Intern
Objective: Responsible for 1) promoting the Charlotte Region nationally and internationally to garner positive impressions of the region and attract jobs, business investments and talent; 2) promoting the organization’s initiatives and research to members, prospects and the community at large, through media opportunities, publications and digital media, to drive awareness, engagement and investment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to.):
1. Serves as leader of the Brand group which includes marketing, media relations, branding, social media, publications, internet and graphic design, ensuring that they meet program and budgetary goals.
2. Develops integrated marketing plans for the organization’s areas of work, events, initiatives and campaigns, outlining goals, objectives and metrics, collaboratively working with the Economic Recruitment team and the EDAC Advisory Council. a. Oversees restricted account for regional marketing, engaging and informing the Advisory Council. b. Maintains brand standards for the organization and all programs, events and campaigns tied to the organization. c. Drives messaging and awareness of Charlotte USA or subsequent campaign as the regional identifier. d. Tracks, measures and analyzes all marketing efforts to ensure ROI, reporting findings on an on-going basis. e. Outlines plans and leads marketing for all of the organization’s areas of work, managed programs and activities.
3. Identifies, negotiates and manages media buys to ensure greatest reach in targeted audiences and greatest ROI.
4. Leads and directs creative aspects of all organization initiatives, programs and events in collaboration with brand/marketing team, including (but not limited to) deliverables of print and digital ads, social media marketing, brochures, websites, tradeshows, direct mail, email marketing, all promotional materials and all other marketing tools.
5. Supports the Revenue/Sales team to ensure the effective creation and use of a suite of marketing collateral (print, digital, presentational, Social Media) that supports the engagement of existing investors and prospects for financial investment.
6. Oversees the production of all identity collateral materials including, but not limited to fliers, posters, postcards, mailings and organizational communication tools such as letterhead, notecards, business cards, email signatures, banners and other materials as needed.
7. Leads the placement of marketing elements on organization-managed websites, and the maintenance of such features on those websites, as well as overall content and web strategy.
8. Leads, in collaboration with the Research team, marketing-related research including branding.
9. Outlines Communications and Marketing team monthly dashboard goals, work plan and Communications and Marketing team member’s goals to ensure all are driven by the organization’s strategic priorities.
10. Leads the tracking of ROI measurements and analytics. Collaborating with others to ensure the on-going, consistent sharing of metrics and information to assist with marketing and organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
11. Works closely with Engagement and Investment Leadership to fully and meaningfully integrate the messaging component into all programming, events and investor dialogue.
12. Develops a digital media focus that allows the Revenue team to increase advertising sales around new and revamped product opportunities.
13. Handles other requests and projects that may be assigned by the COO and/or the President.
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• 7+ years of proven marketing experience in progressively senior roles
• Demonstrable success in creating, executing and measuring integrated marketing campaigns across channels with a track record of success achieving KPIs
• Previous experience managing multichannel marketing budgets and processes
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Superb analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, communications
• Economic Development, Place marketing experience a plus
Please download and complete this application. No calls, email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.