May Lunch Program - Tragedy at the Pulse nightclub: How Orlando Health responded.
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: Byron's South End
At 2:00 a.m. Sunday, June 12, 2016, Orlando became the site of one of the worst mass shooting by a single gunman in our nation's history. Forty-four victims were brought to Orlando Health's Orlando Regional Medical Center, home of the area's only Level One Trauma Center. The crush of press soon followed. Hear how Orlando Health's media relations team responded to the massive media presence.
· Walk participants through the timeline of events
· Present traditional news coverage and internet engagement statistics
· Discuss the crisis plan and share its most important points
· Provide tips and lessons learned
· Free book to all attendees on how to handle mass casualties
Kena Lewis, APR, is a seasoned communications professional from a diverse background in news, public affairs, marketing and public relations. She is the director of public affairs and media relations for Orlando Health.