Wednesday, May 24th
Byron's South End
Considering taking the next step in your professional development by earning your APR? Join us for an Information Session on May 24 from 11-11:45 a.m. at Byron's South End, immediately prior to the monthly luncheon, to learn how our Chapter can support you as you achieve your APR. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your personal APR goals, please don't hesitate to reach out to either of us! Erin DeWaters and Lafeea Watson, APR co-chairs, PRSA Charlotte.
PRSA Charlotte Communications Symposium
Date and Time: Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location: UNC Charlotte Center City, 320 East 9th Street Charlotte, NC 28202
Cost: Early Bird $130 Members/$160 Non-members; After March 25 $160 Members/$190 Non-members
FORMAT: The keynote address in the main auditorium will be followed by three concurrent breakout sessions lasting an hour, including time for Q/A and group discussion. Afterward, a second set of three concurrent breakout sessions will be held, each with the same timing and format. The breakouts will be followed by a buffet lunch.
KEYNOTE: Oscar Suris, Executive Vice President of Corporate Communications at Wells Fargo & Company, will discuss communications efforts undertaken by the company to facilitate recovery from a national scandal involving consumer banking practices.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS (exact order to be determined)
- How to Reach Millennials -- Learn how to reach the millennial masses through the expertise of three Charlotte minds. Get the attention of young professionals through social media, journalism and events.
- Garrett Tichy, Founder and Owner of Hygge Coworking and Creator of @WeLove CLT
- Corey Inscoe, Editor of CharlotteFive and Co-Host of CharlotteFive Podcast;
- Paul Chabai, Associate Campus Pastor at Elevation Church
- Amy Jacobs, of Share Charlotte, will discuss how the organization is localizing an international giving effort, #GivingTuesday, creating a local fundraising campaign called #GivingTuesdayCLT that encourages Charlotteans to give back to hundreds of local nonprofits.
- Eric Mower and Associates staff will share tips to ensure that anyone serving in an intermediary role can remain calm and focused in dealing with print or broadcast media.
- How does a business address employees’ travel and safety concerns when normal work routines are disrupted by outside events?
- What is the best way to coordinate crisis communications among multiple agencies when events spin out of control quickly and unexpectedly?
- What kinds of things is the City of Charlotte doing to address the underlying causes of alienation among various sectors of the public?
- What is being done to repair the city’s image in view of the disruptions that occurred?
- Sandy D’Elosua Vastola, Director of Corporate Communications and Marketing for the City of Charlotte
- Willie Ratchford, Executive Director of the Community Relations Committee for the City of Charlotte
- Laura White, Director of Communications for the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority
- Stephen P. Ward, Executive Director of University Communications
- Katie Cody, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, American Airlines
Platinum Partner – Bank of America
Gold Partner – LGA
Silver Sponsor - AccruePartners